Cristian Josué Rojas
Cristian Rojas joined Alegalis in 2013. His practice has focused mainly in the field of criminal and labor litigation.
He also has experience in constitutional, administrative, civil and mercantile litigation, and acting as judicial representative, he has defended the interests of various international sports brands in the field of intellectual property. In the field of Criminal Law, he has experience defending commercial and wealth interests of individual and legal persons, including proceedings for crimes against property and wealth in general, the national economy, intellectual property, administration of justice, tax and customs regime. Regarding the field of Labor Law, he has been able to advise national and international companies in compliance with the existing rules before the authorities of the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare.
In 2013, he obtained the certification accrediting him as International Mediator by the International Mediation Center (CIM for its acronym in Spanish) ascribed to the Chamber of Guatemalan-Mexican Commerce and Industry at the San Pablo University of Guatemala, allowing him to apply his knowledge and skills as a mediator in various cases prior a judicial proceeding was initiated, saving costs and time with clients who had mutually agreed to a solution to the conflict in confidence.
- As a trademark counsel of one the largest international companies in the field of clothing and footwear, he has coordinated operations to seize counterfeit goods of said company.
- He has prepared criminal and labor actions to defend the interests of national and international clients.
- He has design strategies and courses of action in criminal litigations for various crimes.
- Member of the International Mediation Center (CIM) Board – Period 2015.
- He has been invited by the Faculty of Dentistry at the Mariano Galvez University of Guatemala as a speaker to talk about professional liability issues.
- He has been invited to participate in the XII International Anti-Corruption Conference (-IACC- for its acronym in Spanish) by the Transparency Commission of the Government of the Republic of Guatemala.
- Author of the dissertation “The need to quantify the civil liability insurance for private aircrafts operating in national territory”.
- President of the Court of Honor of the Faculty of Juridical and Social Sciences and Official Member of the Coexistence Committee of the Rafael Landívar University (2009-2010).
Before joining the Alegalis team Cristian began his professional formation in a prestigious law firm, in the field of Corporate Law, incorporating companies, drafting mercantile contracts; and in the intellectual property field he had the opportunity to advise national and international companies which provide food services, aviation and recreation for the registration of trademarks, trade names, designs and patents. In the corporate field, he had the experience of working for the representative of one of the biggest Recreation Institutions in Latin America.